SGX Nifty is currently trading in the green up 30 points at 10,586. Indian markets are likely to continue to trade higher as geopolitical tension eases and traders look forward to the 4th quarter results which are currently underway. IndusInd Bank and TCS are the two large-cap companies set to announce their results today.
The Indian equity benchmark indices are likely to open higher on Thursday tracking positive Asian peers and modest gains in Nifty futures on the Singapore stock exchange. Positive trend in the SGX Nifty Index Futures for April delivery, which were trading at 10,591, up by 36.50 point or 0.35%, at 11:26 AM Singapore time, signalled a flat to higher opening for the domestic equity bourses. The crude oil prices movement and fluctuations in Rupee-dollar exchange rate will drive investors’ sentiment on Dalal Street today.
• Major Asian markets are trading in the green, Nikkei is up 0.68%, Hang Seng is up 1.01% while Shanghai Composite is trading 0.41% higher
• US Markets: Stocks witnessed a lackluster session yesterday, the major averages ended on a mixed note.
• European markets continued its positive run and ended in the green yesterday with the FTSE closing 1.25% higher, CAC ended up 0.49% while the DAX ended 0.04% higher.
Major Headlines of the day:
• Mindtree Q4 QoQ - Net profit up 28.8 percent at Rs 182.2 crore, revenue up 6.3 percent at Rs 1,464 crore
• ACC Q1CY18 YoY - Consolidated revenue up 14.2 percent at Rs 3,624.6 crore; profit up 18.6 percent at Rs 250.4 crore
• DLF: The company has sought to allay concerns about slow pace of monetization of land assets, Bloomberg reported.
• Bharat Dynamics signed licensing agreement with Defence Research Development Organisation (DROO) for ASTRA MK-1 Weapon System
• Sun Pharma: One of the owned company's subsidiary increased stake in Ranbaxy Malaysia Sdn Bhd via purchase of 4.93 percenet stake; current holding increased to 95.67 percent.
Trend in FII flows:
Securities in Ban For Trade Date 18-APR-2018: