The Indian equity benchmark indices are likely to open higher today tracking positive cues from other Asian peers and rally on the Wall Street overnight. Further, positive trend in the SGX Nifty Index Futures for April delivery, which was trading at 10,472, up by 4 points or 0.04, at 11:26 AM Singapore time, signalled a flat to a higher opening for the domestic equity bourses.
All sectoral indices are in the green, with the Nifty IT, Metal, Auto, Pharma, Bank and Realty gaining up to 0.7 percent. Benchmark indices extended previous day's gains, following the positive lead from Wall Street and macro data, as investors await Infosys Q4 earnings due later in the day. China's trade surplus with the United States surged 19.4 percent on-year in the first quarter, data showed today, as trade tensions between the world's two largest economies simmer.
• Major Asian markets are trading with a positive bias at present, Nikkei is up 0.82%, Hang Seng is up 0.48%, while Shanghai Composite is trading 0.28% higher.
• US Markets: Stocks witnessed a positive rally offsetting the weakness seen in the previous session. The Dow rallied 1.2% to 24,483.05, the Nasdaq gained 1% to 7,140.25 and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8% to 2,663.99. The rally on Wall Street was witnessed after US President Donald Trump sought to downplay concerns about an attack on Syria. "Never said when an attack on Syria would take place. Could be very soon or not so soon at all!" Trump said in a post on Twitter.
• European markets also ended in the green yesterday with the FTSE closing 0.02% higher, CAC ended up 0.59%, while the DAX managed to end 0.96% higher.
Major Headlines of the day:
• State Bank of India: CBI Questions DGM Rank Officials From SBI branch In Frankfurt & Mauritius
• GAIL India: The firm will receive LNG cargo from Gazprom in May
• Adani Group: The company has entered into multiple tie-ups to further defence business, Hindu Business Line reported.
• IL&FS Transport: The firm is raising USD 1 billion infrastructure fund under its PE business, Mint reported.
• Hindustan Unilever: Company appoints Sanjiv Mehta as Chairman
Trend in FII flows: The FIIs were Net Value of Rs 368 the cash segment Thursday while the DIIs were Net Value of Rs 615 as per the provisional figures.
Securities in Ban For Trade Date 13-APR-2018: