Indian equity market is set to open today’s session on a negative note tracking weak Nifty futures on the Singapore Stock Exchange and mixed cues from other Asian peers. Bearish trend in the SGX Nifty Index Futures for April delivery, which was trading at 10,595, down 27 points, or 0.25%, at 11:28 AM Singapore time, also signaled a negative opening for the domestic equity bourses. Volatility is likely to remain in today’s session ahead of April Future & Option contract expiry due on Thursday this week.
Benchmark indices opened higher, following positive lead from Asian stocks. The 30-share BSE Sensex was up 101.63 points at 34,552.40 and the 50-share NSE Nifty rose 14.20 points to 10,598.90.
• US stocks fell on Monday as tech shares declined, while investors fretted over higher interest rates. Wall Street also zeroed in on the busiest week of the earnings season.
• Asia markets mostly rose in early trade on Tuesday despite the Dow and the Nasdaq stumbling amid a decline in tech shares.
Major Headlines of the day:
• TCS official Race App developed by TCS was downloaded by over 360,000 users and no of downlaods breaks world record
• EID-Parry submitted to monthly operation data to South Indian Sugar Mills Association (SISMA)
• GVK wants to run Jaipur, Ahmedabad airport: FE
• Thailand eyes Indian Infra projects for investing around USD 3 billion in next three year
• Apex Court denies relief to Binani Cement operational creditors: BS
Trend in FII flows:
The FIIs were Net Value of Rs -259.08 the cash segment Monday while the DIIs were Net Value of Rs 387.26 as per the provisional figures.
TODAY ON EARNING FRONT:- BHARTI, DCMSRIRAM, GICHSGFIN, ICICIPRULI, PERSISTENT, OBEROIRLTY, RAYMOND, TV18, TINPLATE, IDFCBANK, NETWORK18, ZENSARTECH
Securities in Ban For Trade Date 24-APR-2018: