Indian equities to open higher amidst strong global cues
The Nifty50 is expected to open flat on Wednesday tracking muted trend seen in other Asian markets.The index closed 47 points higher at 10,739 on Monday. Trends on SGX Nifty indicate a negative opening for the broader index in India, a fall of 19 points or 0.18 percent. Nifty futures were trading around 10,743-level on the Singaporean Exchange
• US Markets: US Markets ended on a mixed note yesterday, while the Nasdaq and the S&P 500 climbed into positive territory, the Dow remained stuck in the red. The Dow fell 0.3% to 24,099.05, while the Nasdaq surged 0.9% to 7,130.70 and the S&P 500 rose 0.3% to 2,654.80.
• European markets finished higher on Monday with shares in France leading the region. The CAC 40 is up 0.68% while Germany's DAX is up 0.25% and London's FTSE 100 is up 0.15%.
Major Headlines of the day:
• Fortis Healthcare: Received a letter from Munjal's Office and Burman's Office with a proposal to invest in the company Received revised offer from IHH Healthcare Berhad with a proposal to invest in the company
• Cipla receives final approval for Phenylephrine Hydrochloride Injection
• Maruti Suzuki April total sales up 14.4% at 1.72 lakh units against 1.51 lakh units in April 2017
• Mahindra’s auto sector sells up 22% at 48,097 vehicles during April 2018.
• Mahindra to establish Ag Tech Center at Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.
• Tata Motors sells 53,511 units in April 2018 against 28,844 units April 2017.
• Eicher Motors total motorcycle April sales up 26.7% at 76,187 units versus 60,142 units
Trend in FII flows: The FIIs were Net Value of Rs -385.47 the cash segment Monday while the DIIs were Net Value of Rs 261.98 as per the provisional figures.
TODAY ON EARNING FRONT:-
Securities in Ban For Trade Date 02-MAY-2018: