The Nifty50 is expected to open flat-to-negative on Tuesday following muted trend seen in other Asian markets. The index closed 83 points higher at 10,688 on Monday. Trends on SGX Nifty indicate a negative opening for the broader index in India, a fall of 27.50 points or 0.26 percent. Nifty futures were trading around 10,666.50-level on the Singaporean Stock Exchange.
• Asian markets- Asian markets are lower today as Japanese and Hong Kong shares fall. The Nikkei 225 is off 1.05% while the Hang Seng is down 0.59%. The Shanghai Composite is not trading.
• US Markets: Across the US markets, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 58.67 points, or 0.24 percent, to 24,753.09, the S&P 500 lost 6.43 points, or 0.24 percent, to 2,721.33 and the Nasdaq Composite added 9.43 points, or 0.13 percent, to 7,433.85.
• European markets- European markets finished mixed as of the most recent closing prices. The FTSE 100 gained 0.18%, while the CAC 40 led the DAX lower. They fell 0.61% and 0.58% respectively.
Major Headlines of the day:
• Larsen & Toubro: The company allotted 1.63 lakh shares to employees under ESOP scheme. Its Q4 profit up 5 percent YoY at Rs 3,167 crore.
• Rural Electrification Corporation: Q4 net profit down 37 percent on higher provisions.
• Piramal Enterprises: Q4 net up 21 percent at Rs 375 crore
• NTPC: Company's Q4 net profit jumps 41 percent to Rs 2,926 crore
• Oil India Q4: Net profit up 22.9 percent at Rs 866.5 crore and revenue was up 5.1 percent at Rs 2,998 crore
• NMDC Q4: Net profit at Rs 1,105.8 crore. Revenue was up 35 percent at Rs 3,883 crore.
• Uflex Q4: Net profit down 27.6 percent at Rs 71.1 crore and revenue up 12.2 percent at Rs 1,817.8 crore
• Aurobindo Pharma Q4: Net profit at Rs 528.5 crore and revenue at Rs 4,049.1 crore
• Mercator Q4: Net loss at Rs 85.2 crore and revenue was down 57 percent at Rs 192.2 crore
• DB Realty Q4: Net loss at Rs 82.3 crore and revenue at Rs 0.2 crore
• REC approves proposal for incorporation of a project specific SPV, as wholly owned subsidiary of REC Transmission Projects
• Wipro ties up with IIT-Bombay for fabricating formula electric
Trend in FII flows:- The FIIs were Net Value of Rs -795.06 in the cash segment MONDAY while the DIIs were Net Value of Rs 1017.65 as per the provisional figures.
TODAY ON EARNING FRONT:- ORIENTAL CARBON, DILIP BUILDCON, SAGAR CEMENT, M&M, GODFRY PHILIPS, IPCA LABS, SIYARAM SILK, GLENMARK, PUNJAB CHEMICALS, SUNDARAM BRAKE, DECCAN CEMENT, BAJAJ HEALTHCARE, BPCL, ARROW GREEN TECH. DCM SHRIRAM, BHEL, MMTC, Dish TV, GATI SADBHAV
Securities in Ban For Trade Date 18-MAY-2018 :-