The Nifty50 is expected to open higher on Friday following positive trend seen in other Asian markets. The Nifty50 closed 25 points lower at 10,716 on Thursday. The Nifty which opened at 10, 779 rose to an intraday high of 10,785.55 but then bears took over D-Street and pushed the index towards 10,700 levels. Trends on SGX Nifty indicate a positive opening for the broader index in India, a rise of 49 points or 0.46 percent. Nifty futures were trading around 10,780-level on the Singaporean Exchange.
• Asian markets- Asian stocks traded higher early on Friday, tracking gains seen on Wall Street overnight, with the Dow Jones industrial average notching its sixth consecutive day of gains in the last session. Asian markets are higher today as Japanese and Hong Kong shares show gains. The Nikkei 225 is up 0.90% while the Hang Seng is up 1.21%.
• US Markets: The Dow Jones industrial average rose sharply on Thursday, posting its sixth straight day of gains, following the release of weaker-than-expected US inflation data.
• European markets- European markets finished higher today with shares in Germany leading the region. The DAX is up 0.62% while London's FTSE 100 is up 0.50% and France's CAC 40 is up 0.20%.
Major Headlines of the day:
• Titan Company: Q4 net jumps 71 percent to Rs 304 crore
• Union Bank of India: Q4 loss at Rs 2,583.4 crore on sharp jump in provisions
• Nestle India: Q1CY18 profit up 38 percent on year at Rs 424 crore
• Lupin: The firm has launched Corcal Bone & Beauty Supplement
• Ujjivan Financial: The firm’s Q4 profit jumps over 3-fold to Rs 65 crore
• Adani Transmission: The company’s Q4 net up 58%, to raise up to Rs 5,000 cr via bonds
• Asian Paints: Net profit has grown over 3 percent at Rs 496 crore.
• PC Jeweller approves buyback at Rs 350 a share; stock price up nearly 90% in May
• Welspun Enterprises' January-March net profit soars to Rs 25 cr
• Adani Enterprises Q4 profit declines 17% to Rs 181 cr
Trend in FII flows:-
The FIIs were Net Value of Rs -364.88 the cash segment THURSDAY while the DIIs were Net Value of Rs 900.69 as per the provisional figures.
TODAY ON EARNING FRONT:-
SpiceJet, Canara Bank, Dena Bank, Gillete India, Graphite India, Gujarat Gas, Allahabad Bank, Havells, NDTV, Nilkamal, Sical Logistic, Tata Global Beverage, UCO Bank
Securities in Ban For Trade Date 11-MAY-2018 :-
3. PC JEWELLERS