The Nifty50 is expected to open flat on Friday following muted trend seen in other Asian markets. The index closed 121 points higher at 10,736 on Thursday. Trends on SGX Nifty indicate a flat opening for the broader index in India, a gain of 4.5 points or 0.04 percent. Nifty futures were trading around 10,720.50- level on the Singaporean Exchange. The Indian economy grew 7.7 percent in January-March, the fastest in nearly two years, signaling quick turnaround aided by rapid construction activity, consumer spending and corporate investment.
• Asian markets- Japanese shares are higher today as the Nikkei 225 gains 0.27%. The stock markets in Hong Kong and Shanghai are closed at this time
• US Markets: The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 251.94 points, or 1.02 percent, to 24,415.84, the S&P 500 lost 18.74 points, or 0.69 percent, to 2,705.27 and the Nasdaq Composite dropped 20.34 points, or 0.27 percent, to 7,442.12.
• European markets- European markets finished broadly lower on Thursday with shares in Germany leading the region. The DAX is down 1.40% while France's CAC 40 is off 0.53% and London's FTSE 100 is lower by 0.15%.
Major Headlines of the day:
• NCC: The firm has bagged a package of 3 Mumbai-Nagpur expressway contracts
• Idea Cellular: It has completed sale of standalone tower business to ATC Telecom Infra
• Fortis Healthcare: Fortis Healthcare International, wholly owned subsidiary of Fortis Healthcare sold off 18.2 million units of RHT Health Trust
• Bayer Cropsciences proposed to invest in the equity shares of Monsanto India
• Infosys extends alliance with Microsoft for cloud-based digital transformation solutions
• Shriram EPC - CIRP proceedings have been stayed by NCLT
• Mahindra signs MOUs with Government of Maharashtra for electric vehicle manufacture and deployment
• TCS rcognized as a leader in manufacturing supply chain execution by two IDC MarketScapes
Trend in FII flows:-
The FIIs were Net Value of Rs -15.31 in the cash segment THURSDAY while the DIIs were Net Value of Rs -266.02 as per the provisional figures.
TODAY ON EARNING FRONT:-
Securities in Ban For Trade Date 18-MAY-2018 :-